Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data Extension - Parameters ?

Hi,
I've just created a custom data extension for Reporting Services, which
works fine. Now, I want to support parameters. I correctly implemented
IDbParameter and IDbParameterCollection but they don't seem to be
called at anytime...
Any sample about implementing parameter support ?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
JulienNote that in order to support using parameters in your data extension (in
the report designer), you must also implement the IDbCommandAnalysis
interface, which parses the command text and returns the list of parameters
contained in the query.
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Julien Cheyssial" <julich@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1117728338.575235.15190@.g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I've just created a custom data extension for Reporting Services, which
> works fine. Now, I want to support parameters. I correctly implemented
> IDbParameter and IDbParameterCollection but they don't seem to be
> called at anytime...
> Any sample about implementing parameter support ?
> Thanks in advance.
> Best regards,
> Julien
>|||Thanks, now I implemented IDbCommandAnalysis, parameters are now
correctly passed to my data extension. I thought IDbCommandAnalysis
wasn't mandatory, since it is called by the Reporting Services designer
to know which params are to be asked to the user.
Thanks,
Julien

No comments:

Post a Comment